Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gotta have it!

Although following the latest trends doesn't mean you have to wear EVERYTHING to be in fashion,I believe you should turn these trends into your own style. Take one thing here and there and make it YOU!

This season I see the extremes of the color spectrum...from nudes to bright electric hues.

As far as fashion goes, I see the 80's coming back with a vegeance. Jeans, rompers, shoulder pads. Although I'm not a fan of this look, after all I lived the 80's in full flesh and were one of those disasters with the big hair, blue mascara and dark liner kinda gal. I don't think I want to go there!

One trend I actually really like and I'm so glad is in this season is the color White. Let your nice sun-kissed skin be the center of attention! This color was huge on the runways, paired along with NUDES.

I say you go and splurge on a great, comfortable nude pumps! Make sure you tried these on. You want to pick a nude that compliments your skin tone.

If going nude, is too "vanilla" for you, Christian Louboutin's Spring/Summer collection rocks the colors of the rainbow this season. My favorites? Pop Plato Oxford and Multi Color Stringhita Slingbacks. They're flirty and fun with a great splash of color!

Dolce & Gabbana came out with one of my favorite peeptoe booties. They're Lace and Mesh in Black, they scream edgy sexiness! Love them.

Another trend I was surprised to still see on the runways are the metallics. Not sure about you, but I'm a bit sick and tired of seeing people wearing flashy mettalics on my morning trip to the grocery. I say, stick to use them as accessories. Speaking of accessories, you must see the new collection from Delfina Delettrez Metamorphosis Rings. You will sure make a statement with these. My personal favorite from the collection...Secret Hands. They open up to unveil different rings from within- super clever and unique. I am a fan!

What else will you see out there this season? Military Inspired pieces. Not so sure if I want to look all GI Jane, but like I said, you could play with the trends, integrate them to your wardrobe and have fun with them.

Now, let's get to makeup, shall we? I tell you what is super HOT this season, are red lips. A nice almost bare, very natural makeup, letting a gorgeous red pout be the center of attention. You probably got to see lots of these on the red carpets early this year. It is a great look for brunnettes as well as for blondes. My red hair friends will definitely benefit from the Nudes trend. Wear a smokey green look on your eyes and pair it with matte bronzed skin and nude lips. Simply gorgeous!

Glossy lips out....hello soft nudes! Undress your lips.

There are a variety of nude hues out there in the market, go and find the one that compliments your skin tone. Have a makeup professional guide you through the process of finding the perfect palette of nudes for you.

Or simply come back to our blog, as we will feature each week new tips to achieve the best look of the season!



Beautifully yours,


Stylista Enterprises

No comments:

Post a Comment